We went to the mall to get our pictures with Santa yesterday, and after seeing the line wrap around Santa, we decided to come back. Nick had the day off today, and I was able to escape early to meet them at the mall. There were about 5 other people in line and we waited about 15 minutes. Lucky for us, there was a cute little girl in-line in front of us who continued to tickle Asher and keep him in great spirits while we were waiting. We were optimistic that this great mood would continue for Santa too!
We were next in line, so we went ahead and took Asher out of his stroller, and snapped a couple of pics with Mom and Dad. He kept saying "Houw-Houw" (which is what he calls Santa with a little southern accent). He was very interested in all the decorations around him as well.
When it came time to put Asher on Santas lap he clung onto my neck for dear life. He was very un-easy and I thought for sure that we were going to have tears, and/or kicking and squirming wanting to get down. I am proud to report that we made it through without tears. We were able to capture a couple of pictures, though none even compare with the magical picture of Asher and Santa from last year where they are looking each other in the eye.
None the less, another fun family adventure and more great memories. Toward the end, Asher started to warm up toward Santa a little, especially when Santa gave him a candy cane. I think that next year I might let him sit on santa's lap a time or two before we go for the "real" visit.







No comments:
Post a Comment