Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Morning

Asher knew it was Christmas morning and woke up at 6am. I can't even remember the last time he woke up that early (especially after going to bed late last night). We let him play in his crib for twenty minutes hoping he would fall back asleep but no such luck. Fortunately he did hangout in our bed long enough for Nick and I to each get a cup of coffee in us. We attempted to go about our normal morning routine, heading downstairs for breakfast, but he would have no such thing. He wanted to go straight downstairs to see what Santa brought him.

We came downstairs and he went straight for the tool bench that Santa brought him. He played with it for a good ten minutes before even realizing there were more gifts to open.

We were finally able to pull him away from his tool table for a quick (blurry iphone) family photo, and to open some more presents. He has gotten really good at tearing the paper off (but was so sweet that he wanted to be sitting with nick or I).


After he opened each toy, he took the time to play with it before moving onto the next gift.


Nick and I said no presents for each other this year (other than a gift from Asher to each of us) but I broke that rule and surprised him with a digital thermometer for his big green egg!  I cant help it.  I love shopping this time of year!  Its so rewarding to me to purchase gifts for my loved ones, and then watch their excitement as they open it....especially when they are good and surprised like Nick was!


It was such a fun morning and afternoon spent in our PJs, lounging around the house and playing with all our new toys!  Christmas is still tons of fun an exciting for me (since I didn't start celebrating until I met Nick), but even more fun now that Asher is around.  Its like I get to experience the magic of christmas through him!

Now we have to get dressed to go do Christmas round 2 at Mimi's house.  I cant remember the last time I stayed in my pjs until 4pm!  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment