Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hanukkah- Night 4 & 5

NIGHT 4

We finally had a normal night for Hanukkah.  Nick beat me home from work, and I found him and Asher downstairs in the music room playing with Nicks guitar.  I immediately knew what present we were going to give Asher.  We let him open his present before dinner, in hopes that it would keep him occupied while we prepped dinner, and it worked!  Nick and Asher lit the candles and then we gave him his gift.  Upon peeling the paper off, he immediately said GAR! (which is Asher speak for Guitar).  Nick had already tuned the guitar before I wrapped it, so took it out of the box and sat with Asher showing him how to strum his Asher sized guitar.  Asher proudly walked around the house all evening carrying his guitar, stopping to strum a few chords every now and again.  I know nick cant wait until he can finally teach him how to play!



NIGHT 5

I beat Nick home tonight, and when I walked in the door, Asher and Mimi were in the kitchen.  Asher immediately turn around, walked out of the kitchen and over to the pile of gifts, picked up the biggest one and came carrying it over to me.  I guess he is getting use to getting a present at the end of the day. Ha Ha.  I told him he had to wait for Daddy to get home, but he was giddy with excitement and anticipation!

When Daddy got home, Asher went straight for the gift table!  We were planning to save the big box for the last night of Hanukkah, but since Asher was so adamant about opening it, and picked that gift to bring to us twice, we decided to let him open it.  

He loves to open the hall closet and take out our swiffer and floor steamer , and push it around the hardwoods.  With his obsession with cleaning, we thought a vacuum that was his size would be perfect!  We were right!  Mom failed and forgot to buy batteries to go with it, so daddy saved the day and ran and picked some up.  The vacum was even cooler with batteries, because not only does the fake dirt swirl around, but the vacum actually sucks up dirt too!! WIN WIN!  


No comments:

Post a Comment