Sunday, December 22, 2013

Nooks Birthday

I would hate having my Birthday fall just a couple of days before Christmas, so I always try to make Nick's birthday special for him to distinguish it from all the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  We kicked off his birthday early with a Saturday night celebration at the Kingsize Holiday Jubilee.

We had dinner at Front Page News and then headed to the Variety Playhouse to see Kingsize. I had NO idea what to expect..it was just a show that Nick had mentioned he wanted to see, so I got the tickets.  It was SUCH a fun night.  The crowd was all seated (a first for me at the Variety) and it was a vegas type show with singing, dancing and skits, but it was all holiday themed!  Check out the video on his site to get a feel for his show style!  He has a great voice and is very comical too!

Little Five was Crowded with Santa's Everywhere.  I have NEVER seen so many Santa's in one place.

--
We slept in till 9am, opened a quick gift and then picked Asher & Mimi to meet Matt & Robin in Decatur at Big Tex Cantina.  We enjoyed a delicious brunch, time in the game room and even some live bluegrass.








It was a gross raining day so we spent the rest of the day at home and per Nick's request, I made brown butter ravioli for dinner and chocolate and butterscotch pudding for dessert.  It was a laid back rainy day but luckily Asher was well behaved and Nick said he had a great day.



Happy Birthday Nooks...Sorry your special day gets crammed in with christmas ever year :-)
We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment