We didnt leave the house on Christmas eve. Asher was just getting over pink eye and had a cold so we decided to take it easy. (Plus, I didn't do any holiday baking this year so we didn't have any treats the needed delivering). I was in a real funk on Christmas Eve. I ran a couple of last minute errands in the morning (because shopping usually always makes me happy) and then came home to try and get in the holiday spirit.
I wore my new Kermi Christmas Shirt, made a holiday cheer shirt for Asher and even baked Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites to bring to Mimis for Christmas.
![]() |
| The link to the recipe above is perfect, except if I make them again I will bake for about 15-17 minutes instead of 20. The brownies were a little harder than I prefer. |
While Asher was napping I started on the gingerbread house. It was nice and calming/soothing to just sit there and pipe on doors, windows and a roof. I know I was supposed to let him do it, but I am too much of a perfectionist. So I got it fundamentally started and then when he woke up let him decorate the roof and sprinkle the sugar snow on the tray! He had a good time decorating, but an even better time eating all the toppings.
I wanted Asher to wear his Santa had while we decorated the house, but he found my hat much more fitting.
I don't even remember what we did for dinner, although Im pretty sure the ginger bread house was Ashers dinner. But we took our annual christmas hat selfies and then headed downstairs to leave milk and cookies for Santa and to open one present!
YAY! New Christmas Jammies!! Asher was actually pretty excited about them! In the bottom right picture he is snuggle with them saying "I wuv my wain-deeah jam-jams!"
Asher went to sleep NO PROBLEM, knowing that he had to be asleep in order for Santa to come. Meanwhile while he was fast asleep, Nick and I finished up with our wrapping and made sure that there was space under the tree for Santa to leave his toys!
Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night












No comments:
Post a Comment