Monday, December 23, 2013

Elf Randall

Let me introduce you to Elf Randall.  This is our "Elf on a Shelf".   We adopted him the day after Thanksgiving on Friday, November 29th.  It took Asher a couple of days to come with the name Randall...but eventually he decided to call the elf Randall (after the character in Monsters Inc.) .  He actually calls him "Elf Randall" and not just Randall.

We read the book to Asher throughout the season and moved Elf Randall from time to time.  Elf Randall didn't get into any mischief this year and Nick and I kinda referred to it as our "dry run year".

However, using Randall to remind Asher that Santa knows if he goes to bed, or cleans up his toys etc defiantly worked from time to time.  I can definitely see the benefits.

Asher believed it and when he saw me repositioning Elf Randall for this photo, he yelled at me "Mommy NO!!  His Magic will go!"   (Much to my surprise he really was paying attention when we were reading the books).  I had to make up a story about how I got a warning from Santa and that if I ever touch him again, then santa will not bring me anything for Christmas.

Such a magical time for the little ones. Im jealous excited for Asher to enjoy the magic of Christmas as a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment