New years eve is one of my favorites! Everyone is always ready to party! I remember always having a special outfit picked out for the night (the more sparkly the better) and almost always had plans set months in advance. For years it was always WSP on NYE. We took a couple years off and did fancy dinners, dance parties with friends and even cabin getaways. As we have gotten older NYE has become more low key year after year. Well this year is the epitome of low key. All three of us are sick, so we spent the day doing absolutely nothing.
New Years is always special for Nick and I because it was when we first really "hung out"! 10 years ago we kissed at midnight, and then 11 days after that started dating. Tonight we planned to cook a nice dinner together after we put the baby to bed, and then retreat downstairs with drinks in hand to watch the live broadcast of the Phish show! Well, neither one of us felt like cooking (or cleaning up from dinner) so instead we had dinner catered by Wendy's. We still hung out downstairs and watched the Phish show, but as I'm writing this post I am realizing that there is no way I am going to be awake at midnight this year. I can't even begin to remember the last time I was asleep before midnight on NYE. Wow how things have changed.
New Years is also a time to reflect on the past year and think about the future year. Of course this past year was one of the best years of my life. Every year I have the same resolutions, to eat healthier and exercise. This year of course I want to eat healthier and exercise but I always want to try and not sweat all the small stuff, I want to achieve a better life balance, and I want to be the best wife and mother that I possibly can be. If I can successfully accomplish all of the above throughout the entire upcoming year, then 2012 will be the best yet!
Wishing you all a very happy new year filled with lots of love, health, happiness and prosperity!
No comments:
Post a Comment