Night six also happened to be Christmas. We got home just in time for bed, so we just lit the candles and to avoid extra stimulation before bedtime, we didn't open any presents. (I think we had enough presents and spoiling for one day.)
Night 7
We had out big Hanukkah celebration this afternoon at my moms house. When we got home, Asher took a short nap and then he had another present to open when we lit the menorah at our house. Our hanukkah area is looking pretty lonely with all the gifts distributed and only one night left to go. I think Asher is finally starting to get the hang of it. After he pulled the tissue out of the bag (by himself) and reached inside, he then reached over and grabbed the last wrapped gift sitting there (for the last night).
Night 8
The last night of Hanukkah. I hope Asher doesn't get depressed when we don't carry out this tradition any more (until next year). I think he has gotten used to lighting some candles and then getting a present every night before dinner for the last 8 nights. His final present also benefits Nick and I. It's a baby proof iPhone case so that he can play with our phones and "his apps", without us having to worry about him dropping, throwing, chewing or drooling on it, not to mention buying and or deleting our apps!
It was a great hanukkah this year, and I can't remember a time where I had so much fun on every single night of Hanukkah...except for when I was s kid myself. Babies bring so much more joy, excitement and happiness to EVERYTHING!










No comments:
Post a Comment