As a little girl growing up, we always celebrated Hankkah each night, for eight nights, lighting the candles and getting a present each night. But as we got older and went off to college or moved out of the house, we continued to light the menorah each night on our own, but always designated one night (usually a Sunday) to celebrate with the entire family. Hanukkah was late in the month this year and the Sunday of Hanukkah happened to be Christmas, so luckily, everyone had Monday off of work, so we had an afternoon celebration at my parents house.
I am starting to feel overwhelmed with all the holiday blogging, and since we took so many pictures (thanks Robin!) Here is the story of our celebration through pictures and captions!
 |
| Dad brought Nana over and she is just overjoyed whenever she sees Asher. |
 |
We let Asher open his presents before we had lunch. The rest of us waited till afterwards, but everyone wanted to watch Asher open his presents. |
 |
| Asher does NOT like this penguin. Once blown up, it is practically his size, and then it bounces up in his face and scares him. We have slowly tried to get him acclimated with the penguin, but so far no luck. After reading the reviews, it seems that kids either love this toy or hate this toy. There are a bunch of reviews indicating that it scares babies (I guess momma should have read the reviews before putting it on Ashers wish list. |
 |
| Toby thinks he's "King of the Castle" |
 |
| Aunt Sister has some fancy wrapping, thanks to Pinterest |
 |
| Thanks Aunt Sister & Uncky Jim Jim! I've been wanting one of these! |
  |
| Thanks again to Aunt Robin for taking so many pictures!! |
After Asher opened his presents I put him down for a nap (and daddy put nana down for her nap) and then we ate. What a treat two days in a row, that the baby was napping when we sat down to eat. Nick and I both got to sit down and eat a meal, I even had time to have seconds on both days!
We all ate and laughed while Asher and Nana slept, then once everyone was rested and full, it was time for the rest of us to open our gifts and of course take our annual Hanukkah photo!
 |
| We surprised Mom and Dad and converted 8 years worth of family home videos to DVDs |
 |
I let Asher help me open some of my presents! (And of course there are no photos of Aunt Robin or Uncle Matt because she is taking all the pictures) |
 |
| When Asher wasnt helping me open presents, he kept himself pretty entertained |
As an adult, its more fun for me to have a hanukkah celebration and get all of my presents at once, rather than 1 a night..I wonder what is more fun for a child? The grass is always greener, so as a kid when I got one a night, I always wanted to just open them all at once...but at the same time, December would seem weird without getting to open presents for an entire week straight.
Anyways, once we were done opening the gifts, the baby made his rounds again before it was time to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment