For the last two years, I have taken off the day before thanksgiving to spend the day with Asher and Sister. Sister was not able to make it this year, but I still took the day off to spend with Asher. I love our special Mommy and Son days (very few and far between), although we missed having a special day with Aunt Sara. Days with a toddler are touch and go, you never know what your gonna get. But I am happy to say that today was darn near perfect! He was VERY well behaved, he listened, there was minimal whining and we got everything accomplished that we set out to accomplish!
He cooperated for a quick couple of pics this morning before leaving the house. Look at all the various expression. I swear in the 5 minutes we took these pictures he went through 12 different personalities.
As we were pulling out of the driveway "Mommas Dont Let Their Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys" came on the radio. For whatever reason, this is one of Asher's favorite songs and he is always singing it at home. When this was the first song we heard today, I knew it was going to be a great day!!
Of course we kicked off our day with a visit to Starbucks!
I had all intensions of taking him to the center for puppetry arts to see Rudolph, but much to my surprise, as of 8am they only had one ticket left. So I had to come up with something else....we wound up at Catch Air (our first time), and it is the perfect alternative to a kid who does not like bounce houses.
He climbed up here all by himself while I was paying for our admission. It was perfect timing too because Elmo walked by just after I snapped this pic!
When we first got there he was so overwhelmed by the amount of space that he just ran around in circles...until I showed him all other fun things to do!
At first he wanted me to help him do everything, but after about 10 minutes he got the hang of it and ran ahead of me and did it by himself.
I cant tell you how many times my eyes just filled up seeing the joy, excitement and sheer happiness Asher was experiencing. I am so thankful that I had this day to spend with him.
They had a dance floor in the middle of the room and the floor was like a new age disco floor that lit up when you stepped on it. There is no doubt about it, that Asher is my kid. Not only was the dance floor the first thing he went to, but whenver they would turn the lights out and turn up the music (to announce someones birthday) he would make a mad dash to the dance floor to show off his moves. The need to dance...that comes from me...but his dance moves...definitely his Daddys!
And of course a couple of Asher / Mommy selfies to document our day!
Much to my surprise Asher left Catch Air without a fuss. We talked about it ahead of time, and it must have registered that if he wants to go back, he has to leave without a melt down.
When we left Asher asked to "run errands...go to two stores".... luckily, that was already on the agenda. While we were driving I asked him if he had fun. I knew he would say yes, but instead he surprised me and said...and I quote..."Yes Mommy! Its a Boo-ti-ful Day"
We headed to the craft stores for me to pick up some supplies and for him to pick out some ornaments for the mini christmas tree we are going to let him set up this year! He was VERY deliberate in the ornaments that he picked out and must have deliberated for a good 10 minutes about his tree topper. He turned down every star and every snowflake in every color until he finally found a
Frosty the Snowman topper that he decided on. He also picked out a foam gingerbread man. He held the ornament against his chest, wrapped his arms around it and said "I wuv him so much..I Eat Him". He is constantly cracking me up with the random things that he says and this is a perfect example of one of them.
We ran to the grocery store for a couple of last minute Thanksgiving things that I had forgotten and then back home for lunch and a nap. He ate a great lunch, went down for his nap without a problem and slept for about two hours. When he woke up we changed gears from Mommy / Asher fun day to the first night of Hanukkah.
It was a GREAT day and I am so thankful for a flexible job that allows me to take the time off, for the means to do fun things and shop with my little guy, and for Asher being so darn perfect today!!














No comments:
Post a Comment