Thursday, June 28, 2012

Last couple of nights

I have loved the last couple of evenings.  They havent felt so rushed and routined like every other weeknight.  All week Asher has been SO extra happy to see me when I get home from work, and has been an absolute love, yet independent at the same time. I dont know what to write to describe it, but he is just different.  All of the sudden he is communicating better, he repeats words after us, knows a couple of animal sounds, he points to answer questions, he can identify body parts and in the last couple of days he has starting signing for "more" and not just when he is eating.   Even bath time and bed time have been easy breezy. He lays there and helps put on his PJs, drinks all of his milk, lets me read a couple of books and he has started snuggling again!  I wish every night could be like these last few nights, not to say the other nights are bad....but these have just been exceptionally enjoyable!

Tuesday Nick played music so I took Asher on a date.  We ran to pick up a few pots for some new plants and then I took him to Chick-Fil-A.  It was the first time just the two of us went out to eat and I loved our little date night, even if the Chick-Fil-A cow was like a third wheel.

Wednesday after dinner Asher was just in the best mood.  We didn't rush to go take a bath and go to bed, instead we played outside with the hose.  I didn't grab my camera until after he was already soaking wet, but he was just so damn cute, soaking wet walking around our patio.





Today, I left work at 4:45 and was home by 5pm!! Since it was over 100 degrees and I was home early, Asher and I played in the pool!  He was such a good boy and kept me entertained for just under an hour. We "talked" for a good half hour while he floated around in raft. He was very talkative, repeating words and animal sounds, and laughing every time I would swim from side to side or go under the water.  I took him out of his float for a little swim lesson.  He was SO GOOD.  He put his face in the water, kicked his legs, splashed and even jumped off the side before I dunked him under (2 times)!   I am always trying to get him to do those things in the water, but he is usually so distracted by everything that is going on around him. Now that I realize that, I think that at least 1x a week this summer we will have some pool time before dinner.

I havent put him in a onesie in months. Love those chunky little legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment