Wednesday, April 16, 2014

3rd Birthday / Aquarium

We had a great day celebrating Asher's birthday. We celebrated from first thing in the morning till right before bed. In the morning Asher woke up to a bunch of balloons on the floor of his bedroom and streamers hanging from his doorway. From there we snuggled in mommy and daddy's bed, drank chocolate milk and had a birthday donut, complete with candles, in bed!!


Then downstairs we went for presents. I just love the look on his face as he spotted them at the bottom of the stairs.

On our way to the Aquarium, Asher asked if I would sit in the backseat with him.  How could I turn down this sweet love?!

We spent the rest of the morning at the aquarium. It was not crowded at all and Asher was able to run around and see everything. This was nicks first time at the aquarium, and might have as well been Asher's first... At least the first time that he has a chance of remembering. (He was 8 months old when Sister and I took him to the aquarium). Much to our surprise he sat through the entire dolphin show and was mesmerized.


I couldn't help but look back and reminisce about our last trip to the aquarium.  Look what a baby he was.

Before heading to lunch, we took advantage of the beautiful spring surroundings downtown and took the opportunity for a mini photo shoot!

A downtown excursion would not be complete without a varsity lunch!


We got home just in time for naptime (for all of us). When Asher woke up we took him out back to play with his present from Gigi and poppy.

When it started getting cooler we headed inside and Asher and I watched frozen while daddy cooked dinner. Asher watched the entire movie and requested that we all eat dinner downstairs while watching the rest of frozen. (What the birthday boy wants, he birthday boy gets!)

Of course, no birthday would be complete without something sweet! He was so excited when Nick and I were singing to him.  I love to see his face just light up like that!!


Then our normal bedtime routine, and I would call that a near perfect day. Hard to believe that at this time three years ago, he still was not even born yet. I can't believe my little baby is three years old. We had some extra snuggles and cuddles tonight because time is passing us by too quickly.

Happy birthday my love! You are my heart. Your mommy and daddy love you more and more every day and are so proud of the little boy that you are growing into!

No comments:

Post a Comment