Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fishies

Our friends went out of town for the week and sister stayed with their adorable 2.5 year old Leila.  Sister and I had a lot of fun thanksgiving week playing "mommy".

Our first adventure was on Wednesday, I took the day off of work and we packed up both kids and headed to the Georgia Aquarium.  I was a little nervous about Asher missing his morning nap, but he was a rockstar!  He snoozed a little bit in the car on the way down there, and once at the aquarium, all the fish and exhibits provided enough of a distraction to keep him content!  Of course he passed out once we left the aquarium while we were walking back to the car.

Much to our surprise the aquarium was not too crowded and we were able to take our time at all the tanks to let the kids really watch all the fish.  Asher was absolutely memorized. The aquarium is set up so that the tanks are almost always floor to ceiling so the kids can get right up against the glass.   It was so neat to watch his face and all of his different expressions.  He showed the most interest and excitement at the penguin tank.  I sat him on the floor (gross, I know) right up against the glass and he just watched the penguins swim back and forth under the water, banged his hands on the glass and even giggled as they swam by.

I know that he will never remember his first visit to the aquarium, but it is an experience I will never forget.  I can not wait till the spring when it gets warmer and we can take him to the zoo!!

Here are a handful of pictures from our adventure. To see all the pics click here.

First time in Downtown Atlanta...Walking through Centennial Park to get to the Aquarium 


Just a little bit confused...


 She is such a big girl!








Passed out while walking back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment