Do you ever have a long weekend when you get so much accomplished that even you yourself can't believe it?! Well, I had one of them this past Labor Day weekend. Every day I woke up with
energy and
motivation to accomplish something else that I've been longing to do around the house. My closet my drawers, completely reorganized and
3 trash bags full of stuff to
donate. But I didn't stop there. Asher's room was next. Asher still had all of his fall and winter clothes from last season shoved in his drawers. His dresser was jam pack full of 12 months through toddler size clothing. I sorted through
EVERYTHING. I got all of last season's clothing and other clothes that no longer fit, and package them up in SpaceSaver bags and they are now in the attic! And of course when I take on projects like these it's not only getting rid of things but also the
reorganizing, refolding and de-cluttering. I have no words for simple pleasure I have each morning when standing in front of my closet.
Being a long weekend (it raining) and
still feeling motivated I continued tackling a project that I started on July 4 weekend and neglected until now: The reorganization of Nicks music room/ my craft room and what now is also my new office! We started this project because my office is going to become Asher's big boy room. This was a big project because first we had to clean out the music room, go through each cabinet/drawer/closet/shelf, re-organize and trash to make room for all the stuff on the bookshelf and closet in my office. This weekend I went through
EVERYTHING. There was a ton of stuff and though I'm ashamed to admit it, there was even one (small) box of stuff that has sat untouched since we moved into this house 6 years ago. Once the office upstairs was organized and sorted through, I started moving everything down into the music room and finding it a new home. I'm pleased with the result and optimistic that this will give Nick and I more time to spend together in the evenings when I'm typically on the computer and he's doing whatever it is that he does in his man cave.
 |
Every cabinet looks like that part of my craft cabinet, the closet not only stores guitars but also wrapping paper, gift bags and other "stuff", every last drawer looks like my marker drawer and the addition of boxes to conceal junk really cleaned up the shelves! |
As if all of the above isn't enough for the long weekend I
even made some money selling things that I have
had for years, but have
not used in years. I posted about 10 purses, all with multiple shots like theses, and said $20 a piece. Although it was a pain communicating back and forth with everyone, I made over $100 in purses so it was worth it
PLUS I also sold some of Asher's left over train hats train whistles and decorations from his second birthday party (cuz lets get serious...he is not going to have another train party...and even if he does...not the same color scheme :-).
Finally I sold this entryway table mirror and lamp that I've had for over eight years. Nope there's nothing wrong with it I'm just ready for a change. I want to have one of those ever so popular storage benches with a shelf and hooks in this hallway and will not have room for both pieces, so selling all these things gave me a little bit of extra cash to help with my ongoing/new project of Asher's big boy room (post coming soon) and my built-in bench!
If only every weekend could be this productive what a great feeling of accomplishment!!!
What did you do this Labor Day weekend?!
No comments:
Post a Comment