It's not that he is climbing out of his crib or even really ready for a big boy bed, but I like the idea of having time to piece his room together, picking things up as I see them, and hoping that they all come together in the end! A project!!
And that's exactly what I have been doing. I started out with a Pinterest board and pinned everything and anything that caught my eye. Then I started to delete pins and ended up with a pretty good inspiration board.
I found this comforter on overstock.com and loved it and bought it! I like the colors and simplicity of the comforter, not to mention the fact that its machine washable! The comforter became the inspiration for the navy, lime and aqua color pallet. (I am thinking that I will paint the walls a medium gray color).
I am planning on a somewhat sophisticated big boy room with fun, bright and colorful accents and some Robots tucked in too!
Since figuring out colors and a theme I have been on the lookout for things that I think will work well, and when I find them, I buy them! (Then immediately go home a attach the receipt to the item so that I have the option to return if it does not work).
I am starting to have quite the collection!! The best part is the fact that most items have come in under $20 and all of the expenses have been spread out!
(lamp for dresser, robot plush, sheet set, night stand, rug and lamp for night stand)
All that's left (assuming everything I have already purchased works together) are curtains, wall art and other little accents... But I think I will wait on that till I have all the furniture in please...
Oh yea.... That reminds me that we still have to buy his big boy furniture and mattress, but at least I've already picked it out and love that both the bed and the headboard will provide extra storage (not to mention that amazon has it in stock and it ships for free!!). We just need to save some cash....or sell some more stuff!!! In the meantime I think I'll go ahead and paint the room!
Stay tuned for big boy room photos. Coming.....eventually!





No comments:
Post a Comment