Saturday, June 29, 2013

Perfect Saturday

My work friends and I are always talking about doing something outside of work with our kiddos, and today, we finally made that happen.  Melissa, Janet, Lisa and I all packed up our kiddos and met at the Cherokee County Aquatic center.  Much to my surprise it only took us about 13 minutes to get there and they have an amazing splash pad, which actually sits in about 2 feet of water.  There are two water slides for older kids and even a lazy river.  It cost $5 to get in and we had a TON of fun!  Unfortunately, Logan was not into the water so we didn't get any pictures of him or Lisa :-(.

We got there as soon as it opened, got great seats and didn't have to fight the crowds.  Asher showed no fear and took off running to the water before I could even get his shoes off.


The kids loved being able to wade in the water and "swim" using the incline.  Actually really great practice getting them used to be being on their belly's and kicking their legs.

The lazy river was SO much fun, and not so lazy.  It actually has QUITE the current.  I made asher wear a life jacket and glad I did.  He sat on my back while we went round and round, and then he even floated on his tummy kicking and splashing as we went round and round.  I WISH that I had a waterproof camera, because we had so much fun!


You can not bring any outside food or drink (they even make you dump out your water bottles, so make sure they are hidden at the bottom of your bag).  But, they do have a concessions stand with some reasonable options at very reasonable prices.  Much to my surprise, the kids were great about sitting there and eating before getting back into the water.

Asher outlasted all of his buddies at the waterpark.  He especially liked the fountains that randomly shot up from the ground.   He would stand directly over them and just laugh and laugh and laugh.  I tried to take a video but ran out of space on my phone, so the photo will have to do.

He must have worked up an appetite because about an hour later he was asking to eat again.  He ate an entire hot dog all by himself, and because he was being SO good (and mommy wanted one) he got a blue slushy too!

After 3 glorious hours at the waterpark, some pink cheeks and a worn out momma and little man, we headed home for a 3 hour nap (both of us)!!!

Nick was out at a concert with the boys for the afternoon and evening, so when Asher and I woke up we ran a couple of errands and played in the car before meeting Gigi and Poppy for dinner!


After dinner we attempted to move Asher's car seat into Poppy's convertible so we could all take a ride and get some ice cream but it appears that 2 door BMW convertibles are NOT intended for car seats.  Despite my best efforts I could not get the car seat to sit securely and safely in the back seat.  We ended up taking two cars and just meeting them at Brewsters, but tell me that this is no the perfect end to a GREAT Summer Saturday!

Asher went home and went straight to bed and I enjoyed a nice quiet evening all to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment