We are absolutely amazed and so proud of how incredibly well Asher did on the way down to Aruba (his first airplane ride). I was prepared for the schedule to go out the window and my plan was to try and give him what he needed, when he needed it...and keep him full of snacks!
We allowed ourselves extra time because I just didn't know how much longer it would take with the baby, and all the extra stuff. Nick and Jim dropped sister and I off at the airport with both of our bags, the baby's bag, the car seat and the stroller. It was pouring down rain and turned into a very wet unload, luckily it was like 60 something degrees so it wasn't too bad. Sister and I made our way inside (thanks to the help of a lovely old man who worked for the airline) and got us and the baby checked in an the bags and car seat checked.
While we waited for the boys, Asher sat in his stroller and people watched (and ate puffs). I honestly think he could have sat there for another hour. He would get his eyes on someone and then track them until they were no longer in site. Sometimes he would let out a little chuckle too. It was just too cute.
Once everyone was checked in we headed through security. Asher was just so into the people watching and all the hustle and bustle of the airport that it took very little entertaining from us. (Props to all the moms who do this by themselves....having all the extra hands (especially through security) made this a very easy process)
The train to the terminal was most exciting for him. I think it was the speed combined with the lights that seemed to flash by as we sped past. He sat in his stroller, eyes wide just staring up through the window.
Already quite an adventure for such a little one, and the real adventures had not even begun. We got on the plane and Asher immediately made friends with the old granpa-ish man sitting behind us. The entire time we sat in the plane at the gate, and even when we were sitting on the runway waiting to take off, he didn't need any of the toys I had brought to keep him entertained.
We ended up sitting on the runway for a total of 2 hours before we finally took off. Of course Asher woke up just as we were about to take off. I offered him apple juice in hopes that he would swallow and his ears wouldn't bother him, but he didn't want it. And luckily for us, his ears didn't seem to bother him on take off or landing.
He was a great baby, just playing and happy during the entire flight, and even took another short nap just before we arrived in Aruba! Everyone on the plane was thankful for such a happy baby...especially his Mommy and Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment