This was an interesting week for Asher. Beginning last Saturday he was a different child. Very colicky and there was nothing we could do that would sooth him. If he was not eating, sleeping or being held, he was crying. The only way I could get him to take a nap was for him to sleep on me. Of course I was lucky that Nick was home during this meltdown period, so there were an extra set of hand around the house since I did nothing but feed and act as a sleeping pillow for Asher.
The nights were difficult too, as he was waking up almost every hour to feed sometimes he would go a little longer, other times a little less...it made for some very long nights. Finally on Sunday morning at around 5:30 am, I couldn't take it anymore and did something I swore I would never do as a parent and brought asher to bed to sleep with us. Of course it wasn't for the full night, and I have NO intentions of making a habit out of it, but after being up practically all night (in 30min-1 hour increments) Asher, Daddy and I all needed a little bit of sleep. Luckily that worked (for 2 hours) and then he woke up hungry again...and we moved onto our Sunday.
Sunday was much of the same except that I was so tired and so was Asher, that we spent most of the day lounging around and napping and snuggling with each other (I'm not complaining about that...I actually quite enjoyed all the extra snuggle time). Sunday night was a little bit better but not by much. At this point I had given up on the schedule and just decided I would feed him when he was fussy and hungry since that seemed to keep him happy.
Monday during the day and Monday through the night into early Tuesday morning was more of the same. Of course through out all of this I am researching the internet, reading message boards etc. to find out why my little angel has suddenly turned into...well...not an angel. I thought that maybe he was developing reflux (even though he was not arching his back or spitting up), I thought that he had a fever (even though he didn't even feel warm) I was just searching for a reason or explanation to justify his new behavior. After searching and reaching for reasons and creating scenarios in my head, I was able to find comfort knowing that we were going to the pediatrician on Friday and that she could check him out.
Then Tuesday morning when he woke up I had my angel back! He was back to normal, back on schedule and back to being my happy little Pudgin baby. He looked like he had grown over night...and then it hit us...GROWTH SPURT.
Here are some pics from this past week (later on in the week when he was our happy baby!)
No comments:
Post a Comment