Friday, February 7, 2014

Old Time Photos

We got a message a couple of weeks ago about the school bringing in a photographer to take old time photos of the kids for Valentines Day.  Nick and I thought this was such a great idea and just another one of the reasons that we love his school.  Of course the photos were delayed due to the school being closed because of the snow, so they will not be ready for valentines day.

When I went to look at the proofs, I just fell in love.  Then they hit me with the price.
$100 for all the proof prints (14) on the table.
or
$130 for a disk with all the images
or
$150 for all the prints and proofs

I asked about the under $100 option and learned that I could buy single 8x10 prints for $30 a piece, and they DO NOT come with digital copies.  Of course the pics were adorable and tore at my heart strings. I had to step outside to call Nick to talk me off the ledge from dropping that kind of money on these photos.  While they were all cute, they were very similar and Asher was way beyond due for a haircut.

SO...I did what any budget friendly momma would do and committed to buy 1 image at $30 and then proceeded to take pictures of the proofs when the photographer wasn't looking, and then crop them to individual photos on the iphone!  Of course they are not the best quality but they are better than nothing and at least this way I have a little collection of his various poses and facial expressions.




This is the ONE picture that I decided to print:

Then after the transaction was complete, he informed me that I get one 8x10 picture for free just for looking at the proofs!  Wish I would have known this initially, but instead I picked out this picture.


So all and all for $30, I got two images...but a handful of others because I am stealthy iphone photo snapping momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment