Saturday, April 13, 2013

2nd Birthday Party

All the weeks of planning and crafting paid off, and we had a great time at Ashers 2nd Birthday Party.  It all started about a month ago, when we decided to hold his party at the Kennesaw Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History.  They have a special kids area with interactive exhibits, and a classroom perfect for a party!  (in retrospect we could have just had the party in any random room, because we spent most of the time in the classroom and not at all in the play room part).  Once we decided to have a train theme party, I got to work on creating his invitation.
The printed invitation looks much better, and the green was not the bright lime green that shows here.




For the past month, I have been busy pinning ideas and inspiration on my pinterest board, and crafting through the nights and weekends.  I am happy to say that I am very please with the way that everything turned out! Its so much fun seeing all my ideas come to life!  I have no idea how I ended up with the yellow and blue color pallet but love the way it all came together!

Everything pictured below was made and assembled by yours truly   (except for the train hats and whistles of course)

From the minute Asher got there to the minute he left, all he was interested in was eating.  Eating has never been a tough area for Asher.  But what 2 year old wouldn't want to eat pretzel logs, rainbow goldfish, animal crackers, cheese cubes, celery, and fruit sticks...not to mention cake and cupcakes too!


It was so fun to see all of Asher's little friends.  Of course a couple couldn't make it, but we still had a pretty good turn out.  12 kids in all (including Asher)...and only 2 of them were girls.
Pictured Left to Right: Jay Shapiro, Logan Cantrell, Ryder Swerdlin, Bennett Cutrona, Sophia Howell,  Jake Simpson, Sammy Kelin, Beau Simpton, Peyton Arnold and Joshua Howell.  The only kiddo missing is Keller.

Can you tell that I am proud of my cake?
Asher LOVED having everyone sing happy birthday to him.  He sat there with his little hands clasped with the sweetest, most excited face while every one sang to him.  When we finished the song, he blew out his candle (with a little help from Daddy), swiped his finger through the icing...and then we promptly replaced the cake with a cupcake.  

Early into the party Asher wanted to open his presents, but I told him he had to wait.  Once we attempted to open presents, he helped with the first three and then lost interest once I opened up the first clothing item...such a boy.  I opened the rest of his gifts for him, but I had a lot of help from a room full of toddlers who were all too excited to tear off wrapping paper and  play with new toys!   

Sister and I beat Nick, Asher and Uncle Jim home, so we set up all his presents for him on display.  I love the way he is standing there with his hands behind his back scouting out all his new loot!

Its fun having an April birthday since is the start of spring and summer when we spend lots of time outside.  Asher got a lot of new outside toys that we enjoyed playing with the rest of the afternoon.
He looks SO big and GROWN Up here.  
It was a great day, with great friends and adorable kiddos!  Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with Asher!  

No comments:

Post a Comment