Friday, April 5, 2013

2 Year Old Check-Up

It seems that every time I take Asher to the doctor for a check-up, he gets sick days later.  Since I am leaving town for work a couple of days after his birthday, I decided to take him for his check up a couple of weeks early.  Its hard enough leaving your baby at home, but I cant imagine being out of town for 6 days knowing that he is at home sick.  Hopefully he will not get sick, but if he does, at least I will be home to take care of him.

Asher was a great boy for his checkup!  He played nicely in the waiting room and then walked back to the exam room like a big boy!  I was excited that we have progressed from the laydown scale and measurements, and he was much more cooperative getting weighed like a BIG BOY!!


Just shy of 2 years old Asher's stats are:
Height:  34 inches tall
Weight: 28 lbs


Asher did a lot of growing since his 18 month check up.  He is in the 50% percentile for both weight and height, a perfectly proportioned little boy!  He was only 25-30% for height and 40% for weight at his last check up, but I guess growing 2.5 inches and gaining almost 3 pounds will bump you up to higher percentiles!

Asher was great for the exam and let Dr. Worly check everything out...except for his teeth.  He didn't like her looking in his mouth.  (Luckily, she said we dont have to take him to the dentist until he is 3.) Everything checked out great and she was very happy with all of his development, speaking, eating, playing and sleeping habits!

Dr. Worly suggested that we get a little potty for him, but not to press the issue (neither of her boys were potty trained until they were 3), but since he recognizes when Nick and I go potty, and points out when he goes "pee-pee" that having a small potty in the house will get him used to the idea.

She also suggested that we look into pre-school for him to start in the fall, even if it is only 2 half days a week.  She thinks it will be great for him and that he would really thrive in that environment.  (She said pre-school woud be better than day care because there is more instruction going on, and less sick kids, since most of the programs are more like mothers mornings out and lucky for me, I have wonderful family in town who would probably be able to pick him up in the middle of the day and spend the rest of the afternoon with him.  (so if you have any suggestions of good places please let me know!)

She warned me that the terrible twos are just around the corner and to be prepared.  At this age we can discipline him by using time-outs.  She stressed the importance of each of his care givers being consistent with the time out plan that we come up with and provided me with a handout that details their recommendations for a time out routine.

There are really no other updates or routines that we need to change, except switching him to 2% milk.  He is doing great and we are SO thankful and blessed to have such a sweet, happy, and HEALTHY little boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment