Sunday, September 16, 2012

17 Months Old

 I feel like I just got finished writing this post.  It was a busy month, and here we are again.  I was out of town, Nick was out of town, we had a weekend of wedding crafting and then a non-stop wedding weekend.  I dont feel like there was as much of a change this past month, or maybe it just went by too quick to notice.  He is picking up a lot more words and he is trying to communicate with us more, and tries to repeat everything we say. This past month, we pushed him outside of his routine, we were more flexible with naps, baths and bedtimes, and he did great!  He is really growing up and is very adaptable.  The baby in him is so quickly diminishing.  Thank goodness he still naps and sleeps in his crib, because it is only before I put him down, that I get to hold him like a little baby and have a chance to sit back and snuggle and love on him just like I did when he was a little baby. 

 At 17 months old Asher:
  • Walks, runs, dances climbs, spins and is trying to jump (for now is just a bounce but he tries)
  • Loves, Loves, Loves books
  • Cant get enough of Nicks guitars and music
  • Knows how to unlock our iPhones and loves screens.  iPad, iPhone, LCD camera display, the  baby monitor, our laptops and of course the TV too, he's a technology baby!
  • Starting to say two syllable words.  He has the sweetest little voice.  So far its just Daah-Deee and Bu-Byeee 
  • Does not eat as much for breakfast as he used to, but still eats a good lunch and dinner.  Right now he is obsessed with tomatoes, and will eat the entire thing like an apple
  • Shows us more affection and will come up and give big open mouth kisses (without us even having to ask)
  • Started to sleep in a little bit, till 7:30 or 8:00 on most mornings, but I think that has to do with putting him down a little bit later and it also being cooler in his room in the mornings
  • Still has 12 teeth...he was drooling a lot and had a couple of difficult days where we were SURE one of his canines were coming in...but none in site
  • Finally transitioned to a big boy car seat (still rear facing)
  • Wears size 4 diapers during the day and night
  • Wears 12 month size clothes, and some bigger size t-shirts
  • Got new shoes and measured a 5.5 wide (are babies feet like puppies feet?  does this mean he's gonna be a big boy?  or just that he is going to have big feet?)
  • Still takes 2 naps a day (10 and 3) and both are at minimum an hour long
  • Does something new and makes us proud Every.Single. Day.
  • DOES NOT want to sit still for these monthly photos, and pitches an absolute FIT if I do not let him hold the lens cap

No comments:

Post a Comment