Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend With Aunt Sister & Unky Jim Jim

Guest Blogger:  Aunt Sara


When Wendi and Nick decided they were about due for a little getaway since Asher made his debut last April, Jim & I (and Chip) were so excited that meant we got to spend the weekend with Pudgin! Jim hasn't had a chance to spend much time with Asher since Aruba, and it had been about 3 weeks in a row that I couldn't make it to town for my usual 'Asher Thursdays' so we sure were ready to hang out with the little man. Right off the bat, I couldn't believe how much Asher has progressed in just three short weeks of my not seeing him. All of a sudden he's so comprehensive and super impressionable! A few weeks ago he was loving walking while holding our fingers, but let me tell ya, that's all this kid wants to do now! His coordination has improved so much as well, he's practically crawling and has eating finger foods and drinking out of his sippy cup down pat. He's even clapping his hands on demand and talking up a storm!

I arrived at Nick & Wendi's Friday morning. Since Uncle Jim couldn't come in until the evening (did you know you can ride the Megabus to and from Athens and Atlanta for only $1 ?!), Asher and I decided to spend the afternoon hanging out at Gigi's with her and Whitney (aka 'Whitty Titty' aka 'Titty'). We played in the kitchen watching Titty paint the wall for Gigi, ate lunch, and played outside with Chip.


 Asher LOVED watching Chip fetch the stick over and over and over...and over. He was cracking up as chip ran back and forth and really just wanted to be running right alongside the big doggie. After his nap we made our way back home and had dinner with Gigi; Poppy made it over in time for bath time and then it was off to bed. I'm sure Asher was wondering where mom and dad were but he was such a good boy and went to bed without a fuss. 

Friday night was interesting since there were serious thunderstorms and tornado warnings, which all occurred after bedtime. Playing the role of nervous and over-prepared mother, I was worried I might have to wake the poor baby if we had to take shelter, so I got the downstairs bathroom all decked out with supplies. Thankfully, such precautions were not needed :) 



When Asher woke up Saturday morning I brought him into bed, after his bottle he got a little surprise when he went to climb on top of 'daddy' and it was Jim that rolled over. He was excited to see his Unky Jim Jim though, and snuggled and played in bed with us until it was time for breakfast. Never having experienced Asher first thing in the morning, we loved how sweet and snuggly he was :) After breakfast, Asher got another surprise when we went downstairs to play and who was sleeping on the couch? Aunt Titty of course! (who had gotten stranded due to the previous night's weather). 

After his mid-morning nap, we decided it was time for an adventure. Aunt Sara & Unky Jim Jim were on the hunt for some new gear for their upcoming trip to Colorado, so we headed out to REI. Asher has always enjoyed outings and that hasn't changed a bit. REI was a great place full of fun textures, what with the puffy and furry jackets, knitted hats, and gadgets galore and Asher was sure to get his hands on everything he could...until of course he was ready to get out of the cart and explore on his own two feet. 


Saturday evening Titty came back over to hang out. We had dinner and a dance party in kitchen, played with Chip, and had our usual post-dinner video chat with Mom & Dad. This particular video chat stands out as Asher was very busy and on the move, so we had no problem multi-tasking. 






All of this was followed by another fun bath time session:  






What a fun (and exhausting) weekend! Asher must have felt the same way since he slept an hour later than usual on Sunday morning. We had such a blast getting to spend such quality time with Pudge and seeing the range of his personality from morning to night. I'm sure at times he was wondering what was goin on and 'where in the world are mom and dad?', but other than being a little clingy at times, he handled his first 48 hours away from them very well! Asher always got so excited when we skyped with Nick & Wendi and whenever I mentioned 'mama & daddy' he would look around to see where they were, I wish I could have seen his reaction when they came home, but I had to jet off to the airport early afternoon.

We can't wait until we get to have a sleepover again!

No comments:

Post a Comment