Monday, March 5, 2012

Thoughts from Chip

Guest Blogger: written by Sara on behalf of Chip Dimitroff


Since it was Chip's first experience spending 48+ hours under the same roof as a baby, he wanted to have his contribute to the blog as well:

"derka derka derka, dum da dm da dum. arroofff!".... Allow me to summarize:

Chip has spent many afternoons with the toddler I babysit and our friend's baby, Chase. Chip loves the little ones and is always very sweet, but he doesn't attempt to hide his jealousy that Jim and I are HIS and doesn't exactly love the constant attention that must be given to babies and toddlers. Chip doesn't quite understand that while Asher marvels at him from a distance, when he feels brave enough to come closer to Chip, that doesn't mean it's time to cover him with kisses. After spending a full day and evening with Asher on Friday, Saturday morning Chip made his opinion perfectly clear. I was sitting on the floor no more than 10 feet from Asher, coaxing him to crawl to me. Chip saw his chance. He slid off the couch and came and sat directly in between Asher and I. Just sat there, no growling or whining, just simply trying to tell Asher, "this is MY mom". Jim and I tried to give Chip as much love and attention as we could to assure him that he was still our baby. That was his only act of passive aggression. For the rest of the weekend, whenever he heard the baby cry, he would come find us and stay near with a concerned look (although he never quite got that his kisses weren't necessarily going to make Asher feel better). And any time I was in Asher's room playing or dressing him or feeding him in the kitchen, Chip was always by our side watching from a nice distance. By the end of the weekend, he was even following Asher around trying to share his bone with him. All and all Chip had a fun weekend taking care of Asher and playing with his cousin Linus, but he says he still likes being our only child :)




No comments:

Post a Comment