It's been a week since Asher has had any milk and since he has had a bottle. He decided this one completely on his own! We tried everything to get him to drink his formula; various temperatures, out of a sippy cup, from my glass, with ice, no ice…anything we could think of. We even tried to give him organic cows milk, just to figure out if maybe it was the formula he was refusing. No luck.
The doctor wanted us to bring Asher in, just to be sure there was no underlying medical reason for his refusal. We determined that he was constipated and perhaps that was the reason. Constipated...YES! But that didn't explained why he would eat all of his table food and just refused the bottles.
We changed his diet to fix the constipation issue, but even once that was solved...he still would not take the bottle, or drink any formula or milk out of any container.
I talked with the doctor again this week, and she said just to quit trying, give him a vitamin supplement and make sure he gets 3-4 servings of dairy a day.
Luckily my kid loves yogurt (and cheese) so the extra dairy servings are not a problem. He loves to drink ice water out of his sippy cup so I'm not worried about him getting dehydrated and that will hopefully prevent future constipation....so far so good! ( I can't believe how much I care and how often I talk about someone else's poo) And I suppose it is a blessing that we did not have to ween him off the bottle, but it's just one more thing about my baby that is too rapidly slipping away.
No comments:
Post a Comment