Friday, June 24, 2011

Date Night

At our last pediatrician appointment, dr Worley told nick and that we needed to take a date night. That is was time we leave Asher and go enjoy each others company. I have not liked leaving Asher if I can avoid it, but she did have a point and I'm gonna have to start getting used to the idea of other people taking care of him since I go back to work in two weeks. Aunt sister came in town to babysit. She has spent the most time with Asher and I, and she knows the way i do things, so I felt the most comfortable leaving him with her for the first time. Of course I left her with detailed notes and his schedule, which I know was far more detailed than she needed but it made it easier for me to leave. Nick and I left just after he woke up from his nap before his 7pm feeding. I guess it was a good thing that I was running a tad bit late because I didn't have time to get all emotional about leaving him.

We went downtown to MF sushi. At first the menu seemed a little basic but we went with it. We Ordered our drinks (my Shiraz wa delish) and a seaweed salad and baked green muscles for our app. The seaweed salad was so cold and fresh, but the muscles were incredible. My mouth waters as I type this. We contemplated ordering another one but decided to order sushi instead. We ordered a negi Hama maki (yellowtail) roll, a Philadelphia (salmon and cream-cheese) roll, another roll I cant remember the name of (had eel, tuna, avocado etc) and a super crunchy roll. The yellowtail and philly roll although basic were quite delicious and so extremely fresh! The other roll was delicious too, but the super crunchy roll was incredible. Every single bite was simply amazing. The combo of masago, Japanese mayo, crab and tempura flakes in the middle would have been a great roll in and of itself, but then top that with smoked salmon drizzled with unagi sauce and Ta Da!! DELICIOUS.  It was so good that we ordered a second one.   After dinner we went around the corner to Krispy Kreme for Doughnuts and coffee.  (the first time I had a doughnut since I was pregnant...and it was still just as good).

Leaving Asher with Sister was not as hard as I thought it was going to be (still not easy though).  Sister was great, asked a lot of questions before we left and kept me updated via text with photos and pictures throughout the night.  I only called to check in 1 time (but texted periodically).  Nick and I very much enjoyed our evening out together.  It was nice to be able to sit down to a meal and just enjoy each others company and not have to think about if Asher is comfortable, is he hungry, is he wet, will he stay asleep...etc. It was nice to be able to leave and walk out of the restaurant down the street just holding hands and talking, rather than Nick caring the car seat while I get ready to change him before we head to our next destination. Of course we did talk about him a good portion of the evening and were ready to get back to him at the end of the night, but were happy that we took some time for just the two of us.

Sister did a great job babysitting, and from what we are told, Asher was well behaved while we were out.  Thanks again Aunt Sister for coming in town to stay with Asher so Nick and I could enjoy a nice evening out!



Picture Text Received throughout the Night:




No comments:

Post a Comment