In all honesty, I signed up for this 5k for the t-shirt! I saw it and loved it! The race was in Woodstock and everyone was encouraged to dress up 60s for the race! Sister was going to come in town to run with me, but at the last minute was not able to make it. I admit it would have been more fun to get all decked out with sister, but I still had fun making tie-dye shirts and wearing my temporary tattoos!
I was glad that Mom signed up to volunteer at the race because it was nice to have someone there to talk to before and after, and to cheer me on!
![]() |
| So proud of mom for volunteering all by herself |
The race was a crazy route all around a middle school and high school. It was supposed to be a "flat" race but there was definitely some gradual inclines. I made a new playlist the night before and just kept running. It was able to maintain speed more consistently than last time, and ran the whole time.
My goal for this 5k was to beat my last 5k. I told Mom before the race that she could expect me at the finish line somewhere within the 29 minute mark. I am thrilled to report that I crossed the finish line at 28 minutes and 7 seconds according to the official race time. However, I used my Nike+ app to track when I actually started running and according to that my time was 27.34. Either way I beat my previous 5k and ran even faster than I was hoping to! I came in 12 out of 36 for my age group and 112 out of 377 for the entire race!
After I finished and cooled down, Mom and I stood at the finish line cheering people on in our home made tie-dye shirts!




No comments:
Post a Comment