Saturday, October 5, 2013

Home Sweet Home

The cooler mornings, the falling leaves and the lack of mosquitoes means that fall is in the air.... Finally!

This also marks the start of my favorite time of year...fourth-quarter...October-November-December! There's always something going on, it's a great time to be outside, lots of festivals, parties and celebrations...AND changing out some of some of our standard home decor with lots of seasonal touches!

Of course leading up to this time year is crazy at work with our User Conference that I am largely in charge of coordinating (check it out here if you are interested) So, this time more than ever, I am starting this season extremely frazzled, while trying to do everything AND actually enjoy it at the same time.

But- our home now has its fall touches (I added a couple of new things and spray-painted a couple of old things along the way)!  I tried to find a blog that had pics of the home decor last year, and couldn't find one..but usually my tupperwares are close to empty when Im finished, and this year there is a lot that stayed in the boxes.  This year I didnt have as much time to dedicate to it, so I went with a "less is more" approach and I absolutely love the simplicity of it all!  Another week or so and I will be adding some Halloween decor into the mix!!

It took me two trips to Hobby Lobby before I decided to splurge on the burlap flowers.
But I love them and they make me happy!  Everything else I already had.
Everything in the top picture I already had, just moved things around a bit!
Usually, I have a big tablescape set with placemats, chargers, cloth napkins, leaf shaped plates...the whole nine yards.  But with Asher out of the highchair and eating at the table, its not really practical, so I picked up the placemats at Target and repurposed an old candle tray that I spray painted as the centerpiece. 


Small touches on the mantle.  I finally found a mirror for the mantle, although it is not what I have been looking for, it was cheap and became the perfect color with a little spray paint.  I plan to cut our "Give Thanks" letters and add on top of the mirror, but have not gotten around to it.  I didn't change much in the book case but added a couple of fall accents.  And finally, my shelfs in the blue room.  I never change these out, but this year decided a little fall inspiration would look good!
And of course I had to have at least ONE craft project (even in the midst of all the craziness) and this one was easy, cheap and I LOVE how it turned out!  Thanks to Honey We're Home  for the inspiration!!
I Cant wait to make another winter inspired one in a couple of months!


No comments:

Post a Comment