Saturday, October 27, 2012

Boo Bash

I have always loved Halloween.  As a little girl growing up I remember always decorating the house with Sister and then going trick or treating with the Romanoff girls.  Then when I went off to college, we threw HUGE halloween parties on Wallace Wade Ave.  Then, once Nick and I bought our house, we started our annual Halloween Party, Spookfest!  Spookfest was short-lived due to everyones changing lives and growing families, but we had three great years: 2008, 2008 second album,  2009 and 2010.  Last year, we didn't host Spookfest, because honestly the thought of having a late night drunken keg party with a sleeping baby upstairs didn't really seem right, and I was still nursing and not ready for Asher to spend the night out.  Turns out Asher was sick last year on Halloween so we just had a small family celebration.

This year I was ready to start a new tradition, so we transitioned Spookfest into BOOBASH!
We invited all of our friends, their kids and even their parents to come over to celebrate halloween.  We had a great turnout and the munchkins could not have been cuter!  Everyone was so well behaved and played so well with beside one another.  There were some great costumes and not one duplicate either!
I tried to snap a pic of each kid in their costume, and think I got them all.  At least we managed to get one group shot of everyone, although that was a bit of a cluster...and the parents and grandparents seemed to enjoy themselves more than the kids during the attempted photo shoot.

 







 




















One of the great parts about having a kids party is that all the guests leave at a reasonable hour (before bedtime,) and (thanks to an amazing husband) the house was all cleaned up by the time I was finished putting Asher to bed!

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate the 1st Annual Boo Bash, we had a great time and hope you will go ahead and save the date for next year, we will celebrate the Saturday before Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment