This month I ran in 2 5ks!
1st was the assault up Kennesaw Mountain. I was not planning to run this race, because honestly the thought of running up a mountain does not sound like fun to me. But when a group of people from my office all decided to do it, I figured what the heck. It was just as bad as it sounded. It was running UP the mountain. Upon registering, we were told that we would be running 1 mile flat to the bottom of the mountain, then about 3/4 a mile up the mountain and then finish up by running back down. HOWEVER, that was NOT the case. We ran 1 mile to the bottom of the mountain and then 2 miles all the way to the top where the finish line was....then had to walk 3 miles back to where we started...so basically we all got bamboozled into a 10k. As if running up a mountain is not bad enough, the weather was so humid, hazy, foggy and the air was so thick. It was my initial goal to run the entire thing, but in that humidity it was difficult to breath just standing still, let alone running up a mountain. So I didn't achieve my original goal, however still pleased with my final time of 29:57 considering all the factors at play!
| Check out that elevation.... |
Next up was the Candler Park Fall Festival 5k with SISTER! We have been wanting to run a 5k together and this one was perfect...and also very challenging. Candler park is a VERY hilly neighborhood and the entire 5k course was hill after hill after hill. The last half mile were the two steepest hills of the entire course. But! Sister and I both pushed ourselves and now hold new personal records!





No comments:
Post a Comment