Sunday, September 7, 2014

3 Months- TIU


I blogged about my new experience with Tone it Up a couple of months ago and just over three months later I am still drinking the "Tone It Up Kool-Aid!  This is post is a progress, photo dump, journal post about my experience with Tone It Up after three months. I take and post tons of pics for the community, and I want to be able to look back years later and see how I was looking and feeling at the beginning of my journey to a healthy and fit life style.
♥♥♥♥♥

Everyone has been asking me "What diet are you on?" but thats just it...ITS NOT A DIET. It is a new way of life.  It is healthy eating, combined with cardio and toning.  I have found a way to work all three of those into my day to day routine and I am continuing to not only see a difference but feel a difference too! I feel better about myself, I have more energy, I sleep better, and I am just HAPPIER all around!  I am accomplishing goals (Ran my first organized 5k), pushing myself to limits I didn't know I could be pushed, and the best part is that after 3 months, I am STILL motivated to do it.

The meal planning, cooking and eating have all gotten substantially easier and does not take nearly as long.  The exercises are still challenging, but I can tell that I am gaining strength and building up my endurance.  Videos that I was not able to complete all the way through (without taking a break) a month ago, I can now complete....and still have enough energy to do another one!  Besides from all the obvious motivating factors, seeing and feeling results play a huge role in my continued quest for health and happiness!

I am so proud of myself for sticking with it and seeing and feeling results. But this program is different from anything else out there. I could not do this alone, even with the support from my family and friends. There is so much more that is contributing to my success.

♥♥♥ Tone It Up Community
I contribute my success largely in part to the Tone It Up Community. When you make a life style change like this, its all you want to talk about. Seeing tons of other women posting about their TIU life, meals, workouts etc and in turn sharing my daily workouts, new recipes, progress pictures etc make the process much more fun. It also really helps with the accountability. I have my #TIUsisters that all check in (almost daily) to tweet our progress, cheer each other on and support in whatever ways they need! Before running my first 5k I had an outpouring of support and encouragement. These girls push me to work harder and do better. Karena and Katrina are also active in the community, and it feels so good when they engage with you, retweet or like your tweets! (Im a TIU geek, I know:-)
I made a vinyl decal for my car and protein jar and posted a pic on twitter. The girls LOVED it and started asking if they could buy them.  Of course I didn't charge, and started to make a lot of pen pals sending out a bunch of decals to my fellow TIU girls!




♥♥♥ My Trainers
Karena and Katrina also make it easy to succeed. Its easy to follow the plan because I know that this is not a fad diet and that their expertise in fitness and nutrition are setting me up for success. The TIU recipes are delicious. Every morning I have protein pancakes. I always plan to try something different, but the pancakes are just so good. The smoothie possibilities are endless. I really enjoy fruit now, and no longer avoid it because of all the "sugars". These are HEALTHY sugars! I am learning so much about nutrition, and it helps me make better choices every day. I am willing to try new foods, and have come to love Figs and Dates. Two fruits I had never tried before TIU.


♥♥♥ Nutrition Plan
There is no shortage of recipes, and with weekly emails and seasonal updates, my "cook book" keeps growing. For dinners, we eat Clean, Lean and Green, and it is surprisingly easy now! Just from changing the way we eat, Nick has already lost 41 pounds! So if thats not proof, I don't know what is. Of course we indulge every now and again…thats what keeps us on track. I have almond ice cream a lot of nights, but just make very small servings. We have pizza about once a month, and especially with our beach trips this summer, we did not deprive ourselves. But you still think twice about the decisions you make, and helps from going over board when indulging. Plus the tone it up desserts are delicious and really do satisfy the sweet tooth cravings.






♥♥♥ Weekly Schedules & Workouts 
Having my weekly workouts planned for me is invaluable. I do not have to think about which muscles to work, to make sure that I get a balanced exercise each week. My week is planned out for me.  And if there is a routine that I don't like or I need something faster, there are countless videos on their youtube channel for me to substitute with.  When there is a really challenging exercise on day, the next day is always an active rest day, or a yoga/stretch day.  It's just one less thing to worry about, that allows me to focus on the workout itself!





♥♥♥ Sister 
Sister is another contributing factor. Daily check-ins, virtual workouts, and monthly sea-star boxes all make it so much more exciting. Then when we are in the same place and able to work out together its even better! I still can not thank her enough for introducing me to TIU and over the course of 2 years, always bringing it up to make sure it was top of mind when I was ready!


♥♥♥ 5 Day Slim Down
This is not the lifestyle plan. The 5DSD is a quick, week long plan that's a perfect way to prepare for an event, lose the last few pounds or get back into action! I've completed this slim down 2x and both times after the 5 days, was down a pound or two, and showing much more muscle.  Its just a good way to get on track and see quick results to stay motivated.

♥♥♥ Results
Of course nothing is more motivating than actually seeing results. When I look at these pictures, I still can't believe it. I was too embarrassed to take REAL before pictures, so the first pic was about 2-3 weeks in, once I felt a little better. I see more and more results with each progress picture, and gaining more self confidence than I have ever had before.
Lost 10 Pounds!!

Feeling confident for 8th wedding anniversary celebration with Hubby!
It was so surprising for me to be on vacation and choosing to spend my "ME" time exercising. I chose to wake up early and run, I chose to do toning videos while Asher was napping. I went above and beyond what was on the schedule for that week because I had the time, energy and motivation to do it.



♥♥♥ Challenges
Next week the "Frisky Fall" and 100 miles by halloween challenges begin. This will be my first challenge from start to finish, and I am excited to see what workouts, surprises, recipes and treats Karena and Katrina have in store for us!




♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment