
Yesterday we said goodbye to my Dad's Mom, Nana Rose. She lived a long mostly happy life of 97 years, and was ready to go. The last couple of years her quality of life rapidly diminished and her dementia got worse and worse. I am thankful for all of the time that I had with her, and especially thankful that I had the opportunity to say goodbye before she passed. She is survived by 2 sons, 1 sister, 7 grandchildren, 2 great grandsons and a handful of cousins, nieces and nephews. Yesterday, my Dad knew it was about time, and though very painful for him, he stayed with her and called each of her grandchildren. She had the opportunity to hear from each and every one of us, and we had a chance to say our goodbyes. After a long day, my dad left her nursing home and within 10 minutes, she had passed. I think that hearing from all of us finally gave her what she needed to be able to let go. I know that she is in heaven watching over all of us with Papa Ben! Rest in peace Nana Rose, you will be missed.
At her nursing home they have a framed photo of all the residents with a couple of things that they had to say about themselves, and this pretty much sums up Nana in a nutshell. (she did leave out the part about her stubbornness but I would leave that part out about myself too!) (everyones says I get my intense fiery passion for things I believe strongly in, along with my stubbornness from her!)
And here are a handful of other Nana memories.
 |
| Summer 93 |
 |
| My Bat Mitzvah - June 1994 |
 |
| Sara's Bat Mitzvah- March 1998 |
 |
| Winter 2004 |
.jpg) |
| Boston, April 2007 |
 |
Nana was SOO happy to have her eggs and coffee and not that "shit" they serve at home. (her words not mine) July 2010 |
 |
Thanksgiving 2010
|
 |
June 2011 (meeting Asher for the 1st time
 |
| September 2011 |
|
 |
| Hanukkah 2011 |
 |
February 2012
 |
| March 3, 2013 |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment