I could have cared less about the superbowl this year. We were invited to a couple of superbowl parties, but respectfully declined for a night in with some yummy pinterest inspired treats.
We picked out a handful of munchies and spent the entire day in the house cooking and prepping for our intimate superbowl viewing.
I am always anxious when trying a new recipe...
...anxious to see how difficult the preparation is when compared to the recipe
...anxious to see how it is going to look
...anxious to see how it is going to taste
I am proud to report that everything we made was prepared to our expectations and most importantly looked and tasted great!
Here are our gourmet goodies!
Beer Candied Bacon
(my mouth still waters thinking about it)
*note that to avoid filling your kitchen with smoke, you might need to change out the foil that collects the drippings half way through.
Baked Zucchini Sticks & Sweet Onion Dip
This one was labor intensive, dipping and breading the zucchini one bye one, but oh soo good. The onion dip makes a TON of dip, so I suspect we will be using it on sandwiches for weeks to come.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms
This recipe is really for mushroom sliders, but opted to eliminate the bread and toppings since we already had so much food. We are garlic lovers in this house, so what could be bad about baby bellas, garlic, butter and just a little bit of cheese?!
Grilled Chicken, Baby Bella, Red Onion Pesto Pizza- Big Green Egg Style
For the holidays Nick scored all the pizza accessories he needed for the Big Green Egg. With all the other recipes we were taking on, we opted to rely on Publix for the dough, but all the rest was Nick. (Now Nick sees the value in the Kitchen Aid Mixer that I've wanted for years...I hope to see one in the near future...) After the prep was done, it took no time at all to cook at 550 degrees. The toppings were perfect, and the smoky flavor was captured in every ingredient!
Reuben Dip
Im a sucker for a good reuben, and this dip might be even better than the real thing! I bought the corn beef from the deli counter and told them to cut it really thick. It only took 2 thick cut slices to make up the half a pound. We toasted up some marble rye and every bite was the perfect reuben bite! I wish it was not so fattening, or I would make this dip on Sunday and eat Rueben's for lunch all week long.
It is rare that we try 5 recipes with such success! I will be repeating each and every one of these recipes.






No comments:
Post a Comment