I love my two boys more than words could ever express. I am so lucky to have 2 valentines. Its really just any other day, but an excuse to do that little extra thing to make it feel special.We came downstairs this morning to a table filled with cards, flowers, balloons and a special bag of goodies for Asher.
We got him a balloon, some Mickey crayons with matching scratch pad, a Micky bouncy ball, a bunch of stickers and a musical card that sings "Shout" every time you open it.
My boys took care of me too! Handmade valentines from Asher (thanks to Paula yesterday) and beautiful roses from my Nooks.
Then it was back to the daily grind. Mimi came to spend the day with Asher, and Nick and I headed off to work. It was just like any other weeknight, except I dipped some cherries and strawberries in chocolate, so my boys would have a sweet treat! Its not Valentines Day without chocolate!
And now indulging in our dessert while watching snuggling on the couch booking a little getaway for just the two of us to Asheville, with a sleeping baby upstairs! Just like any other night (minus the chocolate covered cherries), but so relaxing not being at an overcrowded restaurant with slow service and overpriced menus. Wow, how our lives has changed over the years, but I wouldn't change a thing...now I have TWO valentines!
---
A couple of weeks ago we spent the morning making valentines for all of Asher's favorite people. We had much better luck with him and the paint this time. He was all about getting his hands full of paint and smearing it around the paper!



No comments:
Post a Comment