Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bargains!!

If you know me, you know that I love a good bargain.  I love a deal so much that I brave the crowds with the rest of the crazies in the wee hours of the night on black friday.  But...two times I can get great deals without even having to go out in the middle of the night.  Thats right!  Its Consignment season!

Last year I blogged about my first All 4 Kids consignment experience.  There are 2 seasons of consignment sales and each season they have 4 different locations, on different weekends.  My first sale was the fall sale last year and I stocked up on some great deals.  I was not as impressed with the summer sales, but still picked up a few goodies.

Last week I had my friend Janet sign up as a first time mom, so that we could go and shop early.  Having the opportunity to shop early is AWESOME!  There are far less crowds, the sales are not open to the public and you get to pick the best items at the best prices.  I swear I get high from this experience!!

The fall sale never disappoints.  I didn't seem to stock up on nearly as much clothes as I have in the past, (I'm noticing that as the kids get older, the clothes look a little more worn that all the brand new baby clothes that they wear 1 time before outgrowing) but I did score some great toys/deals for Asher.


We are going to save the Black and Decker tool bench for the holidays, but itts in great condition and retails for $89.  I paid $15!!

Here is the rest of his toy loot!
- Little Tykes Grill:  Retails for $34, I got it for $6
- Thomas the Train Rolling Backpack:  Retails for 16, I got it for $8
- I'm not sure about the retail price of the books, puzzle and train, but each one was only One Dollar!!

These are the only clothes that I picked up, but at least we got the necessities; jacket, jeans and shoes!  The New balance shoes alone retail for $48 and I paid $2.

Tell me this outfit doesnt look like a mini Nick!

A smart mommy would have saved all the toys and waited until the right moment to pull them out one by one...but we couldnt resist watching Asher come down the stairs on  Thursday morning to a pile of "new" toys!

I am not sure what everything actually retails for, but just the shoes, grill, tool bench and backpack would have cost $187 if I purchased it brand new (from Amazon).  All of that, along with everything else that i picked up for Asher cost a total of $58.

I LOVE A GOOD DEAL!

Last sale of this season starts tomorrow and runs through Saturday. I am going to wait and head up there saturday morning, when most of the stuff will be HALF OFF!!




No comments:

Post a Comment