Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Love...

As we get closer and closer to Asher's 1st birthday I've been spending some time reminiscing by reading through blog posts and watching videos from this past year.  I love having the ability to go back to see what life has been like this past year. There is so much of our routine that is the same and so much that has changed. It's so easy for the details (even ones that seemed so important at the time) to get blurred in my memory or forgotten completely (yes, even after only 1 year). So reading those old posts and watching the videos is like being transported back in time, and I can remember things so vividly.  I love that about the blog.

This past week, I've kept notes on my phone of all the things that Asher does on a day to day basis that I want to always remember.  I called the note "I Love"

I Love...

...our early morning snuggles in bed

 ...the way he sits in our bed in the morning with his ankles crossed and watches tv while we get ready for work  ...how proud he is when he walks with his walker

...the way he eats the entire bowl of guacamole when we go out for Mexican

...watching him play with his toys and get excited when he makes one of them make a sound

...seeing his little tushie sticking up in his crib when he naps

...the way he chews on lovey puppy's feet when he is tired instead of using a pacy or sucking his thumb

...how funny he finds his Perry the platypus dollhow he always laughs when we pull it out

...how excited he gets whenever Linus comes close

...the way he always sits with his ankles crossed; in bed, in his car seat, in his high chair, on someones lap and when he is leaned back on the couch

... the high pitch squeal he makes when he is about to help daddy brush his teeth

... how he kicks his legs and shakes his arms and makes that high pitch sound when I get home from work at the end of the day

...watching him play and crawl around the kitchen and putting his magnetic letters in the fridgerator drawers

...the way he will sit in his high chair and just eat and eat and eat and eat

...his signs for more and all done

...his deep belly laugh, especially when daddy tickles him

...big open mouth kisses

...his little naked run to the bathroom for bath time and seeing him leaning against the edge watching the water fill up

...the way he laughs at his reflection in the mirror after bath time when he is wearing his hooded towel

...the sweet sounds he makes just before he falls asleep

...how he holds on and squeezes around my neck if he is not ready for me to put him in his crib

...sippy cups on my nightstand and toys in my bed

...our sweet little family


1 comment:

  1. This post makes me cry! I love all those things too! How blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete