41 weeks and still no baby. This was all about to change. I went to the Dr. on Wednesday April 13 for a Non Stress Test and exam. The non-stress test showed that everything was still going well with the baby, and my exam showed that I was still only 50% effaced and only 1 cm dilated. Since I was now official post term, we could schedule my induction.
We were scheduled to check in at the hospital on Friday, April 15 at 4:30pm. Nick and I both took a half day from work. He went in to the office that morning, and I tied up some loose ends from home. We were told to call the hospital that afternoon to make sure that they would have a bed available. Upon calling I found out that I was NOT on the list for a scheduled induction that day. You can imagine that at this point I had steam coming out my ears. The hospital instructed me to call my Dr.’s office and that they would have to call and arrange a new induction schedule. Upon calling my Dr.’s office I found out that they had closed at noon for computer maintenance. I had to leave a message with their answering service and wait for the Dr on call to call me back. About 45 minutes later (felt a lot longer) I finally received a call back saying they are not sure what happened but that I would in fact be induced later that evening and just wait for the hospital to call me and tell me to come. So Nick and I just relaxed and enjoyed each others company (anxiously awaiting a phone call of course) We both ended up falling asleep and got a much needed nap. Upon awaking, it was about 5pm, i couldn't wait any longer and called the hospital to see if they knew what time i could check in. They told me they would have a bed ready for me at 7:30. Nick and I got our stuff together, finished packing the car, dropped Linus off at Unc Matt and Aunt Robins house, went to Alon’s for a gourmet sammy and then made our way to the hospital.
We were scheduled to check in at the hospital on Friday, April 15 at 4:30pm. Nick and I both took a half day from work. He went in to the office that morning, and I tied up some loose ends from home. We were told to call the hospital that afternoon to make sure that they would have a bed available. Upon calling I found out that I was NOT on the list for a scheduled induction that day. You can imagine that at this point I had steam coming out my ears. The hospital instructed me to call my Dr.’s office and that they would have to call and arrange a new induction schedule. Upon calling my Dr.’s office I found out that they had closed at noon for computer maintenance. I had to leave a message with their answering service and wait for the Dr on call to call me back. About 45 minutes later (felt a lot longer) I finally received a call back saying they are not sure what happened but that I would in fact be induced later that evening and just wait for the hospital to call me and tell me to come. So Nick and I just relaxed and enjoyed each others company (anxiously awaiting a phone call of course) We both ended up falling asleep and got a much needed nap. Upon awaking, it was about 5pm, i couldn't wait any longer and called the hospital to see if they knew what time i could check in. They told me they would have a bed ready for me at 7:30. Nick and I got our stuff together, finished packing the car, dropped Linus off at Unc Matt and Aunt Robins house, went to Alon’s for a gourmet sammy and then made our way to the hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment