Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Weekend

Nothing really special about this weekend, its was just like any other weekend, but I seemed to really enjoy myself and my time with Asher!  Now that we have transitioned to only 2 naps a day, it leaves our afternoons wide open for fun!

Saturday morning he woke up early so we went to Carols Cafe for breakfast!  He is so much fun out at resturants right now.  He watches everyone as they walk by, looks like he is listening intently when the waitress comes over, and he sits in his high chair like a big boy and just eats and eats and eats.  I brought his breakfast with us but also let him taste some of daddy hashbrowns, and my french toast and sausage.  I wish  I would have taken a picture of the scene in this place. Nick and I were the only family ther, we were surrounded by older grandpa like men.  Asher was loving it!  A room full of Poppys!!

Later we went to Barnes and Noble for story time, Asher was more entertained  by the pretty little 3 year old girl that was sitting  next to us than the actual story reading, but we read plenty of storys together after the official "story time".





Next we ran a couple of errands and finished up with a trip to the grocery.  I swear, this kid makes even the boring, mundane weekly tasks fun!


We have been really fortunate with the weather so far this year!  A VERY mild winter.  In fact, Asher and I (linus too) went for walks after work 3 days this week! It was great!  We had a couple more errands but they were so close to the house we decided to walk.  It was good exercise and more fresh air.  Daddy and linus came too!  A quick trip to petco and CVS and then home for dinner!

Another great day on sunday so we went to the park!  It started off a little chilly and overcast, but it warmed up and the sun came out before we left!







We wrapped up our weekend at the Borkats Superbowl party.  There were a bunch of little ones there so it was fun to watch Asher interact.  Peyton is still a little too aggressive for him...she doesnt mean to be, she is just so excited to see him and he is never prepared for her to reach out and grab him.  He preferred to sit quietly and play with Bradley's cars.





It was a great weekend.  I'm sad to see it come to an end, and anxiously awaiting next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment