Saturday, July 23, 2011

My 30th


Usually I'm really big into birthdays and celebrations, but this year I just wanted to do something small and special with my family and that's exactly what we did.

It started Thursday night with a delish sushi dinner with mom, dad, sister, nick and Asher. Then on Friday when nick got home from work we went to go buy my birthday present, an iPad 2 (thanks to everyone for my birthday money to help us out with this purchase).

Saturday morning, nick brought Asher into the bed and he was wearing an adorable happy birthday mommy onesie (thanks Gigi). we had nice Saturday morning family snuggle time and I got to open all my cards! One from Nick, one from Asher, and even one from Linus! Nick told me that ashers gift was ordered and it did not arrive yet, but it would be worth the wait. Then we went off to do one of my favorite things...an old navy and target run! We came back home put Asher down for a nap and enjoyed some time together by the pool and then got ready for our next excursion. The three of us went downtown to an arts festival. We never buy anything but I love looking and getting ideas, plus as a bonus king of pops was down there so I could get a little birthday treat. I had blackberry mohito and nick had chocolate covered banana, both were delish! When we finished up at the festival we went to the highlands to Harry & Sons for an early dinner. Dinner was great, the service was great, and Asher was very well behaved and definitely eyeing the sushi! (we were both surprised to see so many young children at the restaurant, but I guess when you eat dinner at 6pm it's the norm....)


I've been waiting to post this blog until my gift from Asher arrived because I wanted to include a picture of my special gift.  As much as I looove my new iPad, sushi dinner and great day with my family, my new necklace from Asher is so special to me! Daddy and Asher did great!

This blog has been sitting in my draft box since the day after my birthday.
Since the necklace is cutom made, it still has not arrived.  But you get the idea. 
 Instead of Chloe and her birthday, it will say Asher and have his birthday!
Once i get it, I will update this blog with a picture of MY necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment