I attempted to change Asher's schedule a little bit (in anticipation of my schedule changing as I begin working again). Currently Asher eats at 10am, and I really want to be able to nurse him in the mornings before I go to work, but trying to find a way to feed him around 6:30-7 without adding an additional feeding to his schedule has proven to be difficult. It didnt really work out this week, but we have managed to shift bedtime to be a little bit earlier. Actually he is getting better with his nighttime routine and he allows us to be somewhat flexible about what time we put him down. This week we have started with bedtime anywhere between 8:30 and 10:30 and he did great regardless of the time. Yesterday night we gave Asher his bath at 9 and bottle around 9:15. By 9:30 he had finished his bottle and was asleep. He stayed asleep (in his crib) until 6:30 this morning!! Hopefully next week we will be able to continue with the sleeping through the night and the 6:30am feeding!!
We spent the majority of the week at home playing and snuggling together. I think that he probably felt smothered this week because we spent so much time together just loving and snuggling, singing, talking, reading etc. The reality of my going back to work is a harsh reality that I am not having an easy time facing, and it is making me soak in every little minute with my little man while I can. Saturday we went to the Riskonnect Company party, Sunday we took Asher out to breakfast and ran some family errands. In the afternoon we took him to the Marietta Farmers Market and walked around the Marietta Square (where we bought him his new lovey puppy). We ran a couple of errands throughout the week, spent the afternoon with Abby on Tuesday, went to a shopping party at Carly's Tuesday night where Asher got to play with his friends Hudson and Ari. (I actually I lost track of time and ended up leaving Carly's around Asher's feeding/bed time which resulted in a very unhappy and loud car ride home.) Wednesday we spent the day with Melissa and Peyton and then had Dinner with Scott and Abby. Thursday and Friday were just more errands and snuggle time at home (Linus has really been enjoying all of our snuggle time and loves to snuggle his little brother).
It amazes us how every week he shows us more of his adorable personality. This week Asher's has really begun to discover his voice. It is so incredible to talk to him and he "talks back". He has also begun to drool a lot more and is always putting his hands/thumb/fists in his mouth. I think that his eyesight is also getting better because he is much more content in his bouncer at night time when Nick and I are in the kitchen. His eyes are just going back and forth between me, Nick, and Linus (and his flying birdies overhead). Bath time is still fun as ever and he has even started kicking and splashing in the water.
Here are some pics from this past week:
No comments:
Post a Comment