Saturday, January 26, 2008

DAY 3, MORE DEMO

After a vacation in paradise, our first weekend back we got right back to work. It was time to remove the toilet the bathtub and the floor. I took the toilet apart and disconnected it from the floor...that plumbers wax is some gross stuff (I was so proud of myself for taking it apart though!!) Now that the toilet was gone, Nick busted out all the framing that the tub was enclosed in, and started breaking through the tile and concrete that was on the floor. I followed him around with a dustpan and broom cleaning up all the tile and cement debris. Once the floor was all cleaned up, all that was left was the tub. With a little help from Daddy, we were able to disconnect the tub from the drain, and slide it out from the wall. However, the tub turned out to be cast iron tub coated with porcelain and was far too heavy for us to carry out of the house, so we will have to wait till tomorrow when we can get some more MAN power!

No comments:

Post a Comment